Text that follows a curved line
- Start Fireworks
- Use the text tool to draw a text area. Type your name.
- Adjust the size of the text so that it is at least 2/3 the width of the canvas.
- Create a curved line, there are 2 different ways to do it. Choose one:
|Draw a straight line and then curve it
||Create a curved line with the pen tool,
- Use the line tool to draw a line
- Select the line with the subselect tool to put it into "vector edit" mode.
The subselect tool is the white arrow at the top of the toolbox on the right.
- With the pen tool (looks like the tip of a fountain pen) click somewhere in the middle of your line and drag to bend the line.
- Use the pen tool
- Click and drag at each point to create the curved line
- Double click at the end
- Select both the line and the text (either hold down shift while you click or use the select tool to drag an imaginary rectangle around both)
- From the Text menu choose >Align to path.