Directions for creating nested table exercise
The outer table is 600 pixels wide with a cell
spacing of 10 pixels.
- It has 3 rows and 3 columns
- The cells in the top row are merged together
- The background color of the top row was taken from the photo and is
- The words in the top row are brown Heading size one centered.
- the words in the left cell of row 2 are arial font, centered horizontally
and vertically in the cell.
- the picture (280 X 210) used in the middle cell is below
- This text in the 3rd cell of row 2 is: Algeria quake toll tops 1,000
Supplies, equipment, blood and manpower are running short in northern Algeria
today, where a massive earthquake has leveled thousands of buildings. (the
heading part is a heading size 2 and #669966 color)
- The 2 bottom left cells of the thrid row are merged together and contain
the paragraph with a font size of +1 saying Earthquake magnitudes: followed by the inner table of
earthquake magnitudes.(see below)
- The last cell in the thrid row says: Because of its location on the
boundary between two tectonic plates Algeria experiences many destructive
The inner table is a 3 row , 2 column 100% width table with a border of
- These are the descriptions of the magnitudes:
- Generally not felt, but recorded.
- Slight damage to well-designed buildings; can cause major damage to
poorly constructed buildings over small regions
- Serious damage in areas several hundred kilometers across.
Use this picture from the associated press.